Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Racing

Bike racing is an art to be mastered and one I am far from. I've been at this sport for nearly four years , but have really only been riding my bike or training shall I say for about a year. I say for real , because riding a bike and training on the bike is much different and for much of my time on the bike has been mere riding and not so much training. But that has all changed over the last 8 months. I've learned how to train properly, how to suffer , how to recover and few other things. I am far from anywhere I'd like to be on the bike, but at least I'm on the right track now.
Being overseas for 5 weeks with out my bike put a bit of a damper in my training but not as bad as I thought it would be. Since i like to hit things head on I decided to do a race merely 8 days after returning from European soil. It was my fourth time on the bike in the week, after a long week of having the stomach flu and being bed ridden for nearly 3 days out of the week I figured I'd still give it a shot. The race was 1.2 mile circuit on know as the "Ontario Easter Sunday Grand Prix". This was my first real race in a over 12 months and to be honest I had a great time and felt really confident and had a lot of fun in the race. I was suffering though out the whole of the race but still felt great in how i raced, except with my finish which was not noteworthy and merely in the pack. All in all I accomplished what I sent out to do , have a good work out and enjoy myself. Next race I m hoping to suffer even more but some out on top, well at least top ten....

No comments:

Post a Comment